Etretat – Tips
The only real way is by car/motorcycle and it will involve a bit of small road travel. There is a train service from Paris to Le Havre and from there you need to take a bus.
TIP: If you are coming between April and September by car, come early and forget about parking in the town. On the road between Etretat (just on entering the town) and Le Havre there is a large open parking area. Stop there and walk the 600 meters into town.
No need for public transport, everything is done on foot.
There are a few restaurants, some in the town, some on the beach promenade. There is also Dormy House hotel/restaurant with a panoramic view of the town.
Things To See/Things To Do
- The old town centre and old buildings
- Les Halles market place and former US soldiers hospital
- Gamble at the small casino
- Walk up the cliffs to see the other cliffs and the town
- Just outside of Etretat on the way to Le Havre is a beautiful castle, more a palace (just before the small village of Tilleul). It’s in private hands but you can see it clearly from the road. An impressive castle:
- If you like to play golf, Etretat’s very old golf links are famous. Built in 1908, you play on the breathtaking cliffs, and they also have a very nice restaurant. Click here for more information about the Etretat Golf links.